The data required relates to registration and performance information, including quality indicator data and information derived from the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management of Information Statistical Standard (AVETMISS).
The AVETMISS national data standard is the standard for VET providers operating in Australia that ensures consistent and accurate capture of VET information about students, their courses, units of activity and the qualifications reported. AVETMISS is the mechanism for national reporting in the VET system.
The Data Provision Requirements require relevant applicants and RTOs to show that they have adequate systems to capture and report on this data against the agreed quality indicators.
The types of data that ASQA may request include:
- business registration records
- documents demonstrating the organisation’s financial viability
- information demonstrating how relevant people associated with the organisation satisfy the Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- information on strategies, facilities and other materials used to conduct training and assessment
- documents demonstrating trainers’ credentials
- information about delivery operations (e.g. modes, venues, funding, student types, activity conducted)
- evidence to demonstrate appropriate records management systems
- public liability insurance coverage
- the names of current or past students, who may be surveyed about satisfaction levels.
- RTOs are required to provide annual summary reports on quality indicator data about client satisfaction and students’ attainment of competencies.